There are a range of influences driving the current carbon debate which are often poorly articulated and/or understood. We assist to overcome this uncertainty by:
- Creating an overall strategy
- Holding risk management sessions
- Resolving compliance and trading issues
- Determining how the introduction of emission trading schemes or carbon taxes will affect operations, production and supply chains within their region
- Explaining and implementing more rigorous environmental management and knowledge management systems to meet increasing regulatory requirements
We understand how these pressures influence decisions and longer term markets. This enables us to remove the complexity from the decision making process, and support our customers in developing and implementing profitable carbon reducing solutions.
Operating from within the larger WorleyParsons organization, a global network of consultants offers unique expertise in carbon advice, drawing from experience gained across multiple geographies and industry sectors, including some of the highest carbon emitters. In order to thrive in the new carbon economy a portfolio of consulting advice will be required to achieve the degree of greenhouse gas (GHG) mitigation demanded by global markets. To achieve this we provide the following services:
- Carbon strategy and policy advice
- Carbon liability management
- Adaptation strategies
- Carbon inventory assessment
- Carbon markets and investment advice
Many businesses may not have fully considered the strategic implications of
emission constraints and estimated potential impacts on earnings. Statistics show that given the recent and projected growth in global emissions, mitigation and adaptation strategies by all major economies will need to be stronger and earlier than previously considered necessary.
Technological change holds the key to both the mitigation costs of reducing greenhouse gas emissions and the adaptation costs of adjusting to climate change. Our carbon consulting practice offers unique capabilities through our engineering excellence and experience in the application of proven carbon management solutions using a variety of technologies.