WorleyParsons recognizes that our customers face an increasing number of challenges, driven by a highly competitive operating environment in a world with increasing pressure to develop quickly, efficiently and sustainably. Continual innovation and flexibility is required to deal with the geotechnical risks inherent in the ground.
Key challenges often cited by our customers include the need for:
- Developing holistic solutions with innovative multidisciplinary and experienced teams
- Gaining rapid access to world class expertise
- Pressure to shorten investigation and development times, while also providing quality, best value, and a safe working environment
- Development of brownfield and marginal ground in congested environments
- Reducing risk and implementing sustainable approaches in design and construction
The Geotechnical Consulting Practice is a global network of consultants focussed on providing an integrated service in Engineering Geology and Geotechnical Engineering.
Operating from within the larger WorleyParsons organization, they bring a unique blend of technical expertise and extensive practical and on-site experience. Core capabilities offered by the team include:
- Engineering Geology - desk study; aerial photo interpretation; site reconnaissance; onshore, nearshore and offshore site investigation; in situ testing; geophysics; laboratory testing; site instrumentation and monitoring
- Geotechnical Engineering - onshore, nearshore and offshore foundations; excavations, slopes, retaining structures, tunnels, ground improvement
- Numerical Analysis in 2D and 3D for the optimized design and assessment of ground displacements and soil-structure interaction
- Tunnel Engineering – investigation, planning, design, documentation and construction supervision of tunnels for roads, rail, power supply, water supply and sewerage systems.